Sunday, September 2, 2007

Pictures of field trip to Bodhi Center





I am a bird because I like to travel and see the world
I am a dolphin because I am smart
I am a panther because I am fierce
I am a bat because I like to sleep
I am a beaver because I work all the time
I am a cow because I work hard
I am a fish because I am free
I am a lion because I want to be a king


We started a fun-filled day by playing this game in the van on our way to the center. Each person had to pick an animal that resembles their personality.Maybe this was a window into our inner self? Was it the true self? the imagined self, or the wishful self?

We arrived a little earlier so we sat and meditated for about five minutes. After lunch, we gathered in a gazebo and had some interesting conversations with the Abbott of Jade Buddha Temple, Ven Hung- I. The afternoon breeze made us feel right at home. Afterwards, we toured the center on a hay ride. Ven Hui Yong, a native Texan, gave us the tour of the memorial hall, the walking trails, and the meditation hall. After two group games, we were tired and ready for some rest. We rested for a while, washed our hands, and learned how to make dumplings. Since we made the dumplings ourselves, don't you think they tasted especially delicious?

The Texas summer heat exhausted us quickly but we had a lot of fun. Take a look at the pictures and see for yourself. More pictures will be uploaded so check back again. If you had fun, share your experience by leaving us a comment at the blog. If you have any suggestions, please email us so we can improve our upcoming activities.

A temple visit and another field trip (to the lake/beach) are in the planning. Stay tuned. What would be more interesting to get to know new friends by knowing what animals they are? Join us next time.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a wonderful time and met many great people! It was lots of fun and I was exhausted by the end of the day.

Thanks again for a great trip,

Karen

Unknown said...

It was a fun and tiring trip and the weather drive us crazy at the summer time. Overall, i am very happy to spent my time over in Boddhi Center.I can't wait for the next activity to be held in the mid-of september/ october.

Stay tune and bring more friends to share our exciting outdoor trip. Don't worry, september will
have a wonderful weather.

Sadhu!Sadhu!Sadhu!

Anonymous said...

It's a funny and informative trip. At least, I think everyone knows how to make dumplings...:)

Gary

Anonymous said...

It was a short but meaningful day! We started to practice meditation. We knew ourselves more clearly. We knew each other better. We learned some interesting Buddhism stories. We were surprised vegetarian foods could be so nutritious and delicious. The most important, we realized the real happiness came from the inside; it was not in our circumstances but in ourselves.

Anonymous said...

I had a great time! I loved the tour...and the people I met were fabulous.
Thank you for letting us have a superb time at the center.

Diana